Qube Ports & Bulk
Through the adoption and promotion of sound and sustainable environmental practice in business, it is Qube Ports and Bulk's objective to be the company of choice in creating value for employees, shareholder, business partners, customers and suppliers.
This policy outlines objectives and methods that assist Qube Ports and Bulk to identify and address its environmental responsibilities and to create and meet achievable targets through a commitment to continuous improvement while engaging in business activity:
- Manage day to day operations in a manner that seeks to minimise any harmful impact on the environment
- Comply with and aim to exceed all applicable environmental legislation nationally
- Implement and maintain an Environmental Management System that conforms with or exceeds AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004
- Promote leadership in environmental protection through employee training and support for third party educational and training initiatives
- Develop business, community and political relationships with like-minded partners to foster a culture of environmentally sustainable growth and development
- Communicate proactively, promptly and transparently with all stakeholders, the community, media and government on environmental issues
- Engage proactively in thought leadership, development, implementation and promotion of new environmentally sustainable business practices
As an Australian company employing over 1,300 people within Australia, Qube Ports & Bulk has a commitment to local employment and sources services and products from the local market when possible and commercially appropriate.
Qube Ports & Bulk currently operates in 24 ports in Australia with the vast majority in regional centres. To sustain these regional operations it is vital that the local industry and community is involved to provide labour and support services which are the cornerstone of our business operations. Qube Ports & Bulk seeks to employ local staff as a preference and endeavours were possible to source its supplies and services from the local community ensuring ongoing local support.
In Western Australia Qube Ports & Bulk has engaged in a relationship with the Clontarf Foundation to support the advancement of indigenous communities.