Qube Ports & Bulk
Port Adelaide, the principle port of South Australia, is situated on the eastern side of the Gulf of St Vincent, within easy reach of the main shipping lane between the west and east coast ports of Australia.
The port consists of the Inner and Outer harbors’ and lies within the metropolitan area of the City of Adelaide. Entrance to Port Adelaide from the gulf of St Vincent is by way of a 183m wide channel protected on either side by breakwaters.
The depth of water in the channel is 9.36m L.W.
- Berths: 18, 19, 20, 27, 29
- Total Berth Lengths: 178m, 168m, 163m, 204m, 245m
- Minimum Depth Alongside: 10.3m, 10.3m, 10.3m, 10.9m, 10.0m
- Berths: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Total Berth Lengths: 185m, 183m, 150m, 214m.
- Minimum Depth Alongside: 11.5m, 11.2m, 11.2m, 11.2m.
- Motor vehicle discharge / load
- Bulk material handling and loading (grain, metal concentrate)
- Bulk cargo discharge ( Fertiliser, Sulphur, Glass Cullet )
- Steel coil and product discharge
- Project cargo handling
Area / Facilities
- Motor vehicle Capacity: 2,700 (under HAILNET)
- Cargo shds at berth 18, 19, 20, 29
- Ship Loaders: 1Belt, 2 gantry
- Grabs: 3
- Hoppers: 4
- Front End Loader: 1
- Excavator: 1
- Skid steer / Sweeper: 1
- Ramp Runners: 1
- Forklift Trucks – Heavy: 8
- Forklift Trucks – Light: 4