Qube Ports & Bulk
Port Kembla Facility
Port Kembla situated 80km south of Sydney has connections to major freeways and rail lines. It is the closest specialist industrial port to Sydney and ranks ninth in Australia's ports, with a record 27.3m Tonnes of cargo handled through the port in the year F07 / F08. It is a major industrial port, with Australia's largest steel works adjacent to the harbour and a large coal-exporting terminal, a grain exporting terminal and a fertiliser manufacturing plant in the immediate vicinity of the harbour.
Traditionally a bulk goods port handling commodities such as iron ore, coal and grain, the port is undergoing major expansion that has seen general and break bulk cargoes, containers and motor vehicle handling becoming increasingly more dominant.
There are two major common berths in the port that P&O Automotive & General Stevedoring conduct operations at, namely the AAT Terminal in the inner harbour and Gateway Jetty in the outer harbour.
AAT Terminal – Inner Harbour
Port Kembla’s AAT Terminal is currently located at Berths 103, 105 106 and 107, Yampi Way (off Tom Thumb road), Port Kembla. The AAT Terminal is designed as a multi-purpose facility catering for motor vehicles, general cargo and containers. Cargo can be delivered or pickup via road or rail. The Terminal has a total area of 44 hectares and 4 Berths with a total of 980 metres.
- Berth 103: LOA = 180m, Bd = 50m, Draft = 12.2 + tide – 0.3m
- Berth 105: LOA = 190m, Bd = 50m, Draft = 15.70 + tide – 0.3m
- Berth 106: LOA = 190m, Bd = 50m, Draft = 13.90 + tide – 0.3m
- Berth 107: LOA = 260m, Bd = 32.5m, Draft = 12.3 + tide - 0.3m
- Berth 103: 240m wharf length
- Berth 105: 190m wharf length + 80m Dolphin extension.
- Motor Vehicles Load, Discharge and Storage
- Roll-on Roll-off Handling
- Break Bulk Cargo
- Dangerous Goods Handling
- Containers and Reefers
- Bond Store and AQIS approved Services
- Pack / Unpack Mafi Cargo
AAT Area / Facilities
BERTH 105 - 107
- Total Yard Area (excluding car park/offices) 26.4 Hectares
- Total Under cover Shed Area 18000 m2
- Car Capacity 8000 CBU
- Container Capacity 2600 TEU
- Reefer Capacity 88 Points
- Total Yard Area (excluding car park/offices) 4.2 Hectares
- Total Under cover Shed Area 5000 m2
- Car Capacity N/A
- Container Capacity 1260 TEU
- Reefer Capacity Nil
Port Kembla Services
- Bulk Material Handling
- Dangerous Goods Handling
Port Kembla Area / Facilities
- 4,000 sq m of hardstand storage
- 4000m2 - Undercover Storage sheds
Gateway Jetty – Outer Harbour
The Port Kembla Gateway jetty runs west to east and is in the form of a finger pier, with a total length of 360m, the outer eastern portion of 215m being the usual berths. Width is 30m and comprises a concrete deck supported by timber (turpentine) and steel piles